Re: Is this a Jaws problem?

  • From: Yardbird <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:58:35 -0800

Troy,

What good would it do if you could stop jaws speaking the second instance of
the character you'd somehow typed twice? It would still be typed twice, but
now you'd be obligated to reread every word you wrote in order to find and
delete such duplications, either manuallly or by using spell check, even if
you wouldn't have bothered, ordinarily.

Also, you say this happens because you're "heavy fingered," suggesting that
you can't manage to lift your finger off the key before it repeats. Well,
most keys on your keyboard are *not* repeating characters. So do you mean
that you somehow type letters and numbers twice, lifting your finger after
having depressed the key once, and then striking it a second time? That
sounds not like having a heavy finger but more like a neurological problem
or the shakes. Maybe this is something to look into with a doctor? Just
running through the possibilities.

Good luck.