Re: Invalid number of parameters explained

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 11:56:39 -0500

hi. I wonder if maybe disabling your signature would help? Maybe that was adding something into the mix that freelists doesn't like. If you've tried everything you can think of and that still doesn't work and you still want on the list, write me off list at

winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and I'll add you manually. I don't ordinarily do that, but if someone has honestly tried everything they can think of and they still can't get on, I think it's only fare to do that.

Thanks.

At 08:30 AM 4/2/2007, you wrote:
Chris, I could never get confirmed on the WinAmp list. I was not deleting anything from the original message. My signature was being added and I was using web-based G.mail and having it dumped into an Outlook account. I thought that one of these factors must be the issue, but was unable to confirm and join with several attempts.

Cher

>>> Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx> 04/01/07 4:43 PM >>>
                 Hi.  It's always been my experience that when you
get the invalad number of parameters response from freelists,  you
may not have your e-mail program set up corrrectly.
What you'll need to do is to make sure that you have the message
you're replying to below yours when responding.  Some people don't
check this box when they get their e-mail program but lots of people do.
The reason Freelists is giving you this error message is that their
software needs to see a bit of code in the message that tells it that
you're really responding and trying to join a list.  I'm guessing
this is done as a security measure.  So, if you include the original
message in your reply, and simply reply to the request to join it
should work.  Also, and I know this is really damn obvious but I'm
gonna throw it out there anyways, but when joining a list, make sure
you're spelling the name of the list exactly as it is spelled.  Some
lists have interesting spellings for the name of the list so it's
important to get the proper spelling and that should do it.
  Double check all this before responding and everything should work
exactly as it should.  Thanks, hope this helps someone.