Installing new sound in Jaws

  • From: "Morey Worthington" <blindwop@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 10:15:01 -0500

Hello all,
In the Jaws7/settings/ENU folder, there is a folder called "sounds".
In there are 98 soundswhich a person can use for different functions.
I have tried installing a new sound in there, shutting down Jaws, and
restarting the computer to install the file.
When I go into the dictionary utility and then want to make it change a certain
word to the new sound which I inserted into the ENU/Sounds folder, that new
sound does not appear in the list.
Am I inserting it (the new sound) into the wrong place?
There is a sounds folder in the Application Data/FS/Jaws folder, but it is
empty.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Morey