RE: Installing JFW 7.0 when running 8.0

  • From: "Roger Bachelder" <bachelder3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 19:04:36 -0400

Hi Dan,

Here is a little bit of info. I had a system crash about 4 months ago. I had
7 and 8.0 on the computer. After I had a new hard drive put in it, I
installed 8.0 just to see how the new hard drive was going to work. When I
decided to install 7.0 a month later I had all kinds of weird things
happening. So to make a long story short, I uninstalled 8.0, then installed
7.0, then reinstalled 8.0 again. All of the weird quirks disappeared. Was it
just a coincidence? I don't know, but that is my story and I'm sticking to
it!

Roger C Bachelder 3rd
Bachelder3@xxxxxxxxxxx

I am running JFW 8.0, latest build.  I want to install JFW 7.0 on this
machine.  I am told by a few that you cannot successfully do such an
install, but must remove 8.0 first.  I have no intention of removing 8.0, I
just want to run 7.0 so I can choose which one I use.

Thanks for any help?

Dan