Re: Insert Control S list settings

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:11:49 -0700

Ryan,

Now I remember. Yes. First of all, as before, I don't need that command to
give me a synthesizer list. I use only Eloquence, and also I have no need to
leave Jaws on but turn speech off. In fact, I mulled it over and couldn't
figure out what the purpose of doing that would be. When I want to stop Jaws
talking for more than a second by hitting Control (or turning down the
volume knob, of course), I just exit it, usually in order to let someone
else use my computer without Jaws interfering with their use of the mouse,
as apparently happens because of the virtual screen not being the "real" one
in, for instance, IE.

Anyway, now I'm thinking to myself, why did I want to bring up that schemes
list anyway? Especially when I have no idea what a Jaws  scheme is? Ah, I
know. It was a trick to make Jaws call attention to italicized characters
during a Say All. Okay. Good. Seemed like a clever idea at the time, but I
haven't used it, it turns out.

Boy, that was a lot of thinking to do when you're sick. :-)  Thanks again
for reminding me.