Re: "Inquiry and Consultation"

  • From: "Sameer" <salatey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:33:16 +0530

Dear Friend,

The Merge Utility feature allows the transfer of user settings from one version of JAWS to another. This means that we do not have to reset the settings in Configuration Manager, Dictionary Manager etc. each time we install a new version. Various third-party scrip files installed in a previous version are also transferred into the new version. Thus, if you have scrip files for providing support to MSN Messenger in one version of Jaws, you should be able to import them into the new version.

Note that it is not possible to select particular files when using Merge Utility. It will import all user settings.

Hope that this will answer your query.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India