Re: Information Bar and Active X controls

  • From: Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 10:34:31 -0800 (PST)

Here's some general information, if you'll pardon the term, about the information bar. I pulled this from the internet explorer help. Some of it has to do with turning it off which may help you turn it on and some has to do with activex controls.

This first part is about turning it off.

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
3. Clear the Show Information Bar when a pop-up is blocked check box.

This procedure will allow Web sites to automatically prompt you when downloading files and software (bypassing the Information Bar).

list of 4 items
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. On the Security tab, click Custom Level.
4. Do one or both of the following:
list of 2 items nesting level 1
To turn off the Information Bar for file downloads, in the Downloads section of the list, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.

To turn off the Information Bar for ActiveX controls, in the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX
controls, click Enable.
list end nesting level 1

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, Gary Jackson wrote:

John,

This might sound a bit crazy to you but I think I've seen it before and
strangely enough it had to do with a person having the quicktime player
installed giving false messages about active X. If you don't use quicktime
try un-installing it first.

Gary

Gary Jackson    KK5GE
gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx