Re: Improved java access

  • From: "Jerry Richer" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:29:20 -0500

     From the prospective of a computer programmer I used to be a big Java
fan.  However getting anything written in Java to be accessible was so
klugey I've abandoned it.  I'm not entirely sure where to place any blame on
this lack of accessibility but I'm quite confident in putting it squarely in
Microsoft's lap.  If the operating system knows to write "Hello World" to
the monitor so people can see it than the operating system ought to be smart
enough to tell the synth how to say it.
Chirp|Chirp|Chirp: It's the Bat, Bat Arhonious Software, www.chirpingbat.com