RE: I'm very upset with my manager at work. subject line: jaws and siebel

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 17:47:24 -0400

The ADA *requires* them to work out "reasonable accomodation" solutions
with your input.  If you indicate that anything can be made compatible
with JAWS with enough money spent for custom programming, and that the
ADA would require them to do so, then they might be suddenly willing to
listen to you that it's probably compatible as it is right now.

But in case it's not, then if you're not in the U.S. then your country
probably has equivalent laws, make sure it's clear to them that they
will have to make it so.  They cannot deny you opportunities for
advancement; they must use "reasonable accomodation" to see that you are
given the same opportunities as other employees.

Hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator