Re: Ignorant about jfw and Acrobat

  • From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:30:19 -0500

One problem you will have once you've downloaded your updated version of
acrobat, you may still find an empty document.

That is often because (1) the authors didn't turn on the make accessible
settings from the outset; and (2) someone just took a WORD file and scanned it
and saved it as a pdf file.

The only recourse you have is to get an OCR program that will scan the image
back into text. It isn't always reliable or accurate, but you can do it.

If you have a scanner, the scanning software usually has an OCR engine and a
wizard that will take you through the OCR process.

There are also many stand alone OCR programs from ScanSoft, Readiris, others.
Just hook up to the web and put those names in the search box. Many are free,
and updates aren't too expensive.