Re: IE 8 Opening Links In New Window

  • From: "Marc Rocheleau" <marcrocheleau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 07:33:07 -0400

Hey Joel,

The problem was that I could only get links to open in a new window no matter
what I did. It seemed like navigating to a webpage using the address bar,
opening the file (control + o) or clicking on a favourite from the favourites
menu ended up launching a new window, not a new tab.

If I were to click a link on a webpage to navigate through it, the link would
open in the same page unless the HTML was set to make it open in a new window
of course.

I hope I am more clear now. Before it did this on any window I used, then last
night I realized that in the second window that opened -- due to opening a
link, the address bar or using my list of favourites -- actually stayed in the
same page.

And now this morning, I woke up to a notifcation that updates had recently been
installed on my computer and everything seems to be working fine, go figure.

ASo I guess I don't really need help now! I'm not sure what actually fixed the
problem though.

-Marc