Re: IE 7 and JAWS

  • From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 01:37:33 +0100

No. If everything works as it should, IE7's feed aggregation should work out of the box.

MSXML is a Microsoft library for parsing XML. Feeds are expressed in XML. Internet Explorer uses MSXML to read feeds. Judging by the error message, Lois apparently has a problem with MSXML. I'm just giving a link for downloading the latest version of MSXML.

Hope that clears up the confusion a bit.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

Yardbird wrote:
Benjamin,
Do you mean that people won't be able to use the browser's RSS aggregator function unless they download and install this thing immediately upon installing IE 7?

? Can you explain? If that isn't correct, then what is the purpose of this thing you're talking about downloading? Again, must a prospective IE 7 convert be aware of this immediately so that their new browser isn't useless for RSS aggregation?

Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis" <bhawkeslewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>