RE: I have a Problem a.k.a (jaws not speaking after being installed)

  • From: "Matt Weaver" <weaver_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:33:05 -0500

While your problem is quite clear and easily remedied, your subject was not.
I refer to the subject line of this email.

I haven't ever encountered this problem personally, but for some reason, the
jaws copy you installed didn't automatically start with windows.  Perhaps
you said no to the question it asked about automatically starting.  What you
can do is load it by hitting the shortcut on the desktop.  Not sure how
since you have no speech?  Use the command to minimize to the desktop, hit
letter J once.  This should put you on the jaws copy you want, assuming you
don't ahve more than one copy (meaning, jaws4.0, jaws5.0, jaws5.1, jaws6.0).
ress enter on the shortcut and you speech should start.  You might want to
go into basics... under the options menu and check the box to load when
windows start.  YOu will also want to set up a hotkay so that if you ever
have that problem again, or don't want your JAWS automatically loading with
the initialization of Windows, I find setting a hotkey like Alt Plus Control
Plus J works very well.