Re: Hyperterminal as an alternative to PCAnywhere

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:06:02 -0400

Nicki is right about the scripts, Troy. Also, there are other few things to
keep in mind:
1 Go to Jaws Keyboard manager to check the keystrokes provided for
HyperTerminal. Insert H for Hot key help, Insert F1 for screen sensitive help,
Insert Q for script file name, and Control Insert Shift S to toggle the
monitoring mode on and off.
2 When HyperTerminal is active, start the Auto graphic labeler with Insert
Control G, just in case it's needed. Some potential colleagues enjoy clicking
when Jaws is active!
3 This one is important, I use it often. Before any communication session, go
to the Transfer menu, arrow down to Capture Text item, and provide a name for
future reference. You can later review the file and explore it at ease in a
friendly word processing environment.
4 Naturally, you may want to maximize the HyperTerminal window. This will
provide better focus on the HyperTerminal window.
5 Rely on Windows and Jaws keystrokes for editing and navigation.
6 This one is up to you: If configuration or troubleshooting is involved,
better to have a tape recorder especially if cabling to devices such as modem
or router is required. Here, Neither Jaws, nor Windows will tell you what's
going on.
Hope you'll get the job.
Good luck!
Adam