Re: Hyperactive Cursor with JFW 5.0/5.1 and Notebook

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 07:43:29 -0400

Hi all,

The issue described here seems like an accellerator issue.  If the down
arrow is the only key affected, it might be that the keyboard driver is
corrupted and that a new one needs to be installed.  Even if you install
windows from scratch, you can still have this problem.  It could also be in
the firmware but we hope not.  I'd consult dell on this one.  Another issue
might be accessibility options.  It is possible that some strangeness is
going on due to a conflict in there.  Make sure that all of the options are
turned off except perhaps if you need them, the sounds for keys called
toggle keys which I find to be quite handy.

Johnnie Apple Seed