Re: How to use Excel 2007 comments with Jaws

  • From: Anthony P Schnurr <aschnurr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:36:54 -0400

Here are 2 JAWS commands which may help with Excel cell comments:
Use alt+shift+' to read a comment on the current cell.
Use control+shift+' to list all cells in the current window which have
comments.

Tony Schnurr
Programmer Analyst Sr Professional
CSC
6125 E. 21st Street MS 32 Indianapolis IN, USA 46219-2058
Global Outsourcing Services | p; +1-317.306.3608 | f: +1-317.306.4253 |
aschnurr@xxxxxxx | www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.

From:
"Rod" <Rod@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"JFW UserList" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
09/20/2010 15:56
Subject:
How to use Excel 2007 comments with Jaws

Hello,

Does anyone have experience in using Excel comments with JAWS? I've been
through the Excel help, and found how to use it, visually, and I've been
able to add comments and such. However, what I'd like to be able to do is
navigate easily from one comment to another. I can use the find all
comments
which kind of works, as it provides a list, but then I have problems
navigating from the find dialog to the spreadsheet, and back again to the
find list, without having to start over each time. I've also found JAWS
doesn't read the comments the best, as it seems to add other wording that
is
close by. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Rod Walter