Re: How to get rid of ANSI announcements?

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:17:03 +0200

Check what your "ainsi character" setting is. I think this comes under graphics and symbols in the configuration manager. i long ago turned mine to none before this became the default setting - at least I think it is the default one.

hth

Doris

At 01:57 AM 6/23/2005 -0700, you wrote:
Hello, I have Windows XP JFW 6.0 and I went to the FS web site and followed their instructions for getting JFW 6.0 to work with XP home ed.

However, I keep hearing ANSI 169, 149, etc. even on web sites. How can I get rid of that feature? It is very annoying. Also words and phrases are echoed back to me when I am typing or listing to the messages in Eudora 6. Or when I am typing in the edit fields on line. I don't know what I did wrong.

Can someone help me with this?

EMK

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.10/25 - Release Date: 6/21/2005