How to activate AVG buttons in a threat alert

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:29:02 -0800

For the first time ever, I got a threat advisory from AVG Free Edition. I
was in the kitchen and heard Jaws speaking, as if it had focused on
something completely unfamiliar to me. I came back to the computer just in
time to hear that I was being read  a dialogue telling me about a Trojan
found in some program or other, DLL  you know sort of thing, many numbers,
and asking me if I wanted to heal, move to virus vault, and so forth. Except
just as I instinctively  began pressing my tab key to move among the
options, as I imagined I'd be able to do, the thing just disappeared,
leaving me in the interface of the AVG control center, which apparently had
been launched in order to display this advisory.

I don't know what to do. Can I make that dialogue reappear? And then, if it
stays visible long enough, how can I decide which control to activate and
how to activate it?

Thanks. This is worrisome. I don't want to leave some threat sitting in a
file possibly able to do damage if I don't respond .