Re: How to Turn off the Norton Antivirus Software and the Norton Firewall

  • From: Donna Miller <carmanfan1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 05:10:35 -0600

Go to the task tray and enter on the things you need to turn off and it will say something like Disable. enter there and disable the Norton temporarily and install JAWS and when you start the computer again it will enable itself and you should be fine.

At 11:20 PM 11/11/2005, you wrote:

Hello, I just got my JFW 7.0 software. Every time I try to install it, I mess up. Now, do I unload the current version of Jaws before I install the next version? That is, do I press insertF4, "Quit Jaws for Windows? Now, the instructions say that you should not be running the firewall or the antivirus program so how do I turn them off? Thank you for your help at this time.

--Donna Miller

ddtorrey@xxxxxxxxxxx

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.