Re: How to Retrieve a Previous Update

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 10:55:29 -0400

Ted,

Good thinking. It turns out I still have the .exe file for JAWS 8.0.423, the one I want. So for you or anyone else who can answer my follow-up questions, here they are.

To be clear, I don't like JAWS 8.0.2107 and want to return to 8.0.423. Would I be creating problems for myself if I did the following:

1. To preserve my dictionary settings, copy and save my current default.jdf file.

2. Uninstall JAWS 8.0.2107.

3. Click on the 423 executable file and install that version.

4. Merge the settings from those I have in JAWS 6.2, which is still on my system.

5. Copy the default.jdf file I saved and set aside into the newly reinstalled JAWS 8.0.423?

Thanks.

From: "Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>

If you installed as an update, look for a file with the letters "jpatch." I don't remember the whole thing, but do recall that.

Ted