Re: How to Retrieve a Previous Update

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 09:06:16 -0400

Thanks, Ted. Interesting. A search for that string came up with two files, neither of them 423, the one I'm looking for. One is the current 2107, and the other is entirely new to me, 1177.

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt

Because of the problems I am experiencing with JAWS 8.0.2107, released last week, I would like to return to the update to JAWS 8.0 that worked best for me, which was 8.0.423. I now see that a disadvantage of using JAWS's "Check for updates" feature is that I'm not offered a choice of retaining my previous installation.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how I might retrieve 8.0.423? I've checked the FS website, but you can download only the latest update. I've also checked my system, but the only 8.0.423 file left has the .rpt extension.

A note on FS technical service. On Sunday I wrote to detail the problems I'm experiencing and that several others on these lists have reported with 8.0.2107. This morning FS replied by asking me to unload JAWS and run the default file. This process, which will undoubtedly delay resolution by at least another 24 hours, also proves to be futile. According to MS, the default file is nowhere to be found in my system. It makes sense, I think. I never installed JAWS from the original CD, but waited for the first or

second update with fixes.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding this process, I'd also be interested.

A.S.