Re: How to Retrieve a Previous Update

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 21:33:07 +0100

Assuming you're using JAWS 8.0, To run JAWS with default options:
1. On the start menu, press enter on "Run" or press r. The run dialogue
box appears.
2. Type as shown: jaws8 /default and press enter.
3. JAWS will load with default settings.
Hope that helps.
On Tue, 1 May 2007 08:06:18 -0400, "Adrian Spratt"
<A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Because of the problems I am experiencing with JAWS 8.0.2107, released
> last
> week, I would like to return to the update to JAWS 8.0 that worked best
> for
> me, which was 8.0.423.  I now see that a disadvantage of using JAWS's
> "Check
> for updates" feature is that I'm not offered a choice of retaining my
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for how I might retrieve 8.0.423?  I've
> checked the FS website, but you can download only the latest update.
> I've
> also checked my system, but the only 8.0.423 file left has the .rpt
> extension.
>
> A note on FS technical service.  On Sunday I wrote to detail the problems
> I'm experiencing and that several others on these lists have reported
> with
> 8.0.2107.  This morning FS replied by asking me to unload JAWS and run
> the
> default file.  This process, which will undoubtedly delay resolution by
> at
> least another 24 hours, also proves to be futile.  According to MS, the
> default file is nowhere to be found in my system.  It makes sense, I
> think.
> I never installed JAWS from the original CD, but waited for the first or
> second update with fixes.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions regarding this process, I'd also be
> interested.
>
> A.S.
>
> --
> JFW related links: