How to Re-Activate JAWS and Not Use Up a Key

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 12:50:34 -0700

We all know that the time we suddenly have a problem with our computer that
requires re-activation of JAWS will be late on a Friday evening, just before
a 3-day weekend in the U.S. and your key count is sitting at zero. Now
you've got to work with that confounded 40-minute mode all weekend long!
Well help is here.

With the assistance of list member Mike, I wrote a short tutorial on how to
re-activate JAWS and not use up a key.

I will not post this to the list in general since it does require some
reasonable ability to copy files and folders and don't want to clutter the
list with messages on how to do those tasks.

But if you're interested contact me off list and I'll send you the text
file. But I will not provide support for the process. I just offer this to
those who are interested enough to ask because it could save you some time
and irritation.

BTW this is not an illegal procedure. It does not provide a way to install
JAWS on more computers than what you already have authorized. So don't run
to FS and report me as a criminal.

dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dave

Alternative archives located at: