Re: How do you check memory usage

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 06:31:04 -0800

MessageHi,
John writes:

  Hello Tom,
  Is there anything you do after finding JFW.exe?

  Two things.  First, I just read the last two items on the line.  If I
understand correctly, the first of these numbers reflects the percentage of CPU
usage.  The last number is the actual memory usage expressed in kilobytes.

  The next thing I do, if I'm noticing significant increases in memory use, is
to count to ten and breathe a heavy sigh, or at least keep the swearing to a
minimum volume level so as not to disturb the neighbors.

  Seriously, though, if it gets way out of hand, I'll just reload JFW and be on
my way.

  Tom