RE: How do I remove just Norton Antivirus from Norton System Works 2003?

  • From: "Lisle, Ted \(CHFS DMS\)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:05:22 -0400

Well, I'll take my life in my hands, and reply.  Like it or not, your
question is as relevant as half of what I see on the list.

There should be a simple uninstall option, either as part of the suite,
or as a separate option, or both. If that doesn't work properly, there's
always the dynamite charge program we've discussed here before.  Norton
has a tool that will really do a number and probably clean off
everything.  Nonetheless, if you have your original CD's, you can easily
reinstall and bypass Antivirus; I've done it.  That's better than having
a system which can neither ride its bicycle nor bring its lunch, which
is what you'll have if that darn uninstall hangs.

Ted