Re: How can I tell what color text is

  • From: Yardbird <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 09:20:29 -0700

Hi Chris,

I'd just like to add to your very good advice that the way this is usually
said, in order to make sure there is no confusion between whether you're
referring to one set of numbers on the keypad and the other (which is
referred to by a number-related name even if it's not being used for
numbers,, as when Jaws takes it over) is numrow or number row. The cluster
of numbers which Jaws converts to other uses is called the numpad, or number
pad. I am not arguing with you about anything. I am just suggesting how
things might be most clearly explained by using the correct term. thanks
very much.
As for somebody who might say "well, wouldn't anybody know that's what you
meant?" I can only say that this morning, just waking up  (I'm sick and
don't get up as early as I used to), the first thing I did automatically to
test your instruction, because I don't use this very often, was press Insert
(Jaws key) five on the number pad, even though I wasn't at all surprised
when Jaws just spoke the word the cursor was on. Then, I had to think "Oh,
of course he must have meant the numrow," and I tried that. And of course it
worked. No harm done. I just want to make that clear. But still, saying
"numrow 5" would have saved me a couple of silly seconds getting my mind
together about that.

Otherwise, well done and thank you very much, of course. Not flaming. Not
arguing. Not looking for a reply from a person who might be in a sarcastic,
judgmental mood and excited at the thought of condemning me for some reason
even after the spiritual uplift and inspiration to kindliness and humility
of Sunday morning services. Thank you very much.