Re: Hi everyone

  • From: "Allan@3M" <three_m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 01:43:24 +0800

hi Rick,

you have 2 way to do this:

1. press "insert+2" (number 2 on the keyboard not at the numpad), this will give you 4 option that is:

character (default)
words
both character & words
nun

but this is a temporary, when you exit that program the setting will back to default.

2. To set it become permanent, you must do the following:

a. start the program that you want to do the changes.
b. press "insert+f2" to run JAWS manager.
c. press cursor down until you get "configuration manager, press enter on it".
d. then JAWS configuration manager will open a *.jcf file if the program have 1, if don't have it's will ask do you want to create 1 for it, press OK button to accept.
e. press "alt+s" for Set Options menu.
f. you will now land at the first option call "User Options...", press enter to open it.
g. press tab until you hear JAWS say "Typing Echo" then follow by the default selection, for instant:

"typing echo" "characters" "radio button check" 2 of 4

then you press cursor up once, you will hear JAWS say "off", for instant:

"typing echo" "off" "radio button check" 1 of 4

h. press tab until "OK button", then press "space bar" on it.
i. press "ctrl+s" to save the changes.
j. finally, press "alt+f4" to close JAWS configuration manager.

then, from now until forever when you open this program, all the keystroke on the keyboard will keep quiet.

good luck!

Regards, Allan Wong

3M TECHNOLOGY
Address: 162 Jalan Helang Jambul, Kepong Baru, 52100, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Phone: +60-3-6280 4100
Mobile: +60-16-202 0000
E-mail/MSN Messenger: three_m@xxxxxxxxxxxx