Help--Has Anybody Used Facebook Chat with JAWS 11?

  • From: "Rick Miller" <mil9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 13:04:57 -0800

Dear Listers:

I am trying to see if JAWS 11 can work well with Facebook Chat.  I have figured
out how to send a chat message, but the person on the other end either isn't
receiving it or there might be a JAWS function that isn't working properly.

When I sign in to Facebook, I arrow down to the "chat," link, where it shows
the number of people online.  I hit the Enter key.  When I find a person I have
wanted to try chatting with I hit the Enter key.  The message field comes up.
I hit the Enter key to turn Forms Mode on, type the message, and then hit the
Enter key to send it.  I wait several minutes, but there is no response.  Am I
doing something wrong, or is JAWS 11 just not working with this Facebook
feature?  I'd appreciate hearing from anybody who, by chance, used JAWS
successfully with Facebook chat.

There is one thing about it I've noticed.  After I hit the Enter key to go to
the chat page, it always shows that the number of people online is one less
than the number shown before I hit the Enter key.

Rick Miller