Re: Help with Outlook 2007 setting appoitnemnts on the calendar.

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 14:17:03 -0700

In the reminders, just type what you want, such as 15 min, or 2 hour, 3 day.
It's a very intelligent interface. Then press Enter.

The QAT is described in detail in one of the FS help tutorials. But you need to
find the customize button in the same areas as the QAT and use the wizard to
look for specific Outlook commands and assign them to the keys. They will
always assign in order starting with 1, for Alt + 1. Later you can arrange them
if you want.

Note that if you have the virtual ribbon active I don't think you can use the
customize button, so switch back to the usual Microsoft ribbon, press Alt, then
shift+tab a couple times until you hear customize.

A bit fiddly but with time and patience you'll soon be an expert and have
several quick access keys assigned. Then you only need to tap Alt followed by a
number key to launch one of them. I have 6 of them set up in my Calendars area.
Really slick as pig snot, as one lister suggested.

Oh and did I tell you that if you do use the virtual ribbon the QAT keystrokes
will not work in Outlook 2007. Pressing the Alt key just opens the menu and
following with a number does nothing but frustrate you. Pressing Alt+1 together
just moves you through the various headings in the appointment dialog. One of
the things they broke with the advent of the first revision of JAWS 12. I
immediately complained, and of course it's never been fixed. So if you find you
like the QAT you'll have to turn off the virtual ribbon in Outlook. Sorry for
that bad news. Don't blame me, blame FS.

Dave
Composed on a Dell Latitude 630 in the general vicinity of my Audio Recording
and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area.