Re: Help with MS Word Function

  • From: northstar1950@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:57:59 -0500

hmmm, You can simulate a Word crash which will result in showing the Document
Recovery Task Pane the next time you start Word:

Start Word.
Open any dialog (choose for example File | Open...).
Type Ctrl-Alt-Del.
Choose Task <http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2401914.php#>Manager.
Choose (Document1 - )Microsoft Word and kill it. Windows and/or Word may
protest by means of further messages, but be merciless. End it.

Start Word again, and there is your Document Recovery Task Pane. It may be
wise to create a backup of the .asd file first, just in case. Better safe
than sorry.

Legend has it that on Monday 10/12/2009 04:54 PM, Rick Miller said:
How do you open the recovery task pane in Microsoft Office Word 2003 using JAWS? A document I was creating was recovered, but I need to open it. When I was closing Word I got a dialog saying that the document was recovered and was in the Recovery Task Pane. I opted to view it later and clicked OK, but I don't know how to get to the recovery task pane using JAWS. Can one of you help me out?

Rick Miller

Alternative archives located at: