Re: Help given...then lost it

  • From: "Terrill Reynolds" <terrill1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:56:50 -0400

Hi:

One way you can do this that will backup all your rules and folders is to go to
start menu, run and type regedit.

Navigate to the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{26E20245-7E51-473F-9F02-C701C697ED02}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook
 Express\5.0\Rules

*note the long number may differ.

Now while focused on the key "rules", go to the file menu an select export and
give it a name like rules and the date.

You will now have a file with that name and the extension.reg.

Anytime you want to restore your rules and folders, just hit enter on that .reg
file and say yes to import it into your registry.

This is the same thing most backup programs do, except they do it for you
instead of you having to go into the registry yourself.

HTH

Sincerely,
Terrill Reynolds
Email: