RE: Help baloons

  • From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:18:55 -0600

Hit insert f11 to get access to items in the system tray. Find the windows security center. Hit alt plus d to double click it. When it opens you should be on the resources button. Tab over, and you should be on the link that says get the latest security and virus information from microsoft. If you don't land on that link, shift tab back to the resources button and press it. Then tab over, and you should be on it. Now, arrow down to the change the way security center alerts me link. Enter on that, and go ahead and uncheck the things you don't want to be alerted about. Click ok, and then alt plus f4, to close the security center.

HTH,
Blake

From: "Lisle, Ted  (CHFS DMS)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Help baloons
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:54:08 -0500

A question that has challenged great minds through the ages.  I can't
get away from the thought that there's some little thing I'm overlooking
in Windows that causes that message to pop up again and again, although
the problem would appear to be self evident.  If I could just click the
darned thing, as instructed, that might pacify it.  Nonetheless, the
rational part of me is 99.5% sure the firewall is active.

Ted