Re: Hello Jaws, meet Word07. Who's that?

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:03:04 -0400

It doesn't matter which version of JAWS you are using with Word 2007: none of them work very well with this nightmare of a word processor. There has been such a backlash against Word 2007 from some of Microsoft's biggest corporate customers, that a whole cottage industry of alternative word processors has sprung up on the web. Word 2007 was allegedly redesigned to make it more appealing to academic users at the expense of business users, who make up the vast majority of Microsoft's customer base. But don't count on Microsoft to change Word back to the good old days of manageable menus and logical line spacing. The only thing you can do if you're unhappy with Word 2007 is to use Wordpad, HJ Pad , which is included with JAWS, or download one of the free word processors. As I stated previously, the best of these free word processors is probably Jarte, which is available at: http://www.jarte.com/download.html----- Original Message ----- From: "Caroline" <listmailstuff@xxxxxxx>