RE: Hard disk backup programs

  • From: "Thomas J. Hesley" <pulse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 12:20:41 -0500

More thoughts on this: Given how cheap the external hard drives are these
days (you can get a 250 GB drive for less than $130), I'd just get a few of
these and back up your C drive to them.

A lot of computer BIOS systems now support booting from external hard
drives, which in theory anyhow, simplifies switchover to a working drive,
especially if your original bootable system drive is itself an external.
USB 2 drives might be a bit slow as primary system hard drives.  So I'd
suggest using the ESATA drives for bootable hard drives if you decide to go
this route.

Tom Hesley