re: Hard disk backup programs

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 04:19:52 -0500

Roger,

Not sure what that "Casper Tech edition" is, but if you go to the following
link, you will find a purchase link for Casper 5.0 (I guess they no longer
call it Casper XP)  for $49.95. This is what you want. Also, since you will
be backing up to an external USB hard drive, you should also buy the "Casper
5.0 Startup disk" which sells for $9.95. You'll need this CD to do a restore
of your internal hard drive from the external backup hard drive. This item
is also found on the following link:

http://www.fssdev.com/shop/default.aspx#casper

I have a similar hardware setup like yours. My external USB hard drive has a
larger capacity. It works great; Casper has no problem creating a clone of
my entire system. If you need to replace lost folders or files, all you need
to do is find them on your backup drive and copy and paste them into your
primary hard drive.

Alan