Re: HappyScript: ScanSelectedMessage for OE

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 18:14:24 -0400

Hi Bryan,
Excellent work! I've tried your happy script in Outlook Express 6 and XP Home
and it worked fine. This is going to make email browsing a lot easier for Jaws
users. Like you said, arrow down to select a message, and hit the assigned
hotkey to read the visible lines in the Preview Pane. Bye bye the many
keystrokes! Naturally, it's better to have the message maximized. Now, there
are a few remarks:
1 We need to find a way to increase the Preview Pane size using Windows and
Jaws without sighted help. Not that easy!
2 Some users don't like to have their Preview Pane wide open because of
unwanted or risky messages.
3 If I disable the Preview Pane, the script will still function but Jaws will
keep reading another message, the same, over and over again even when I select
other messages. Here, the control key will not stop Jaws from reading.
4 Once the hotkey set following control D, Jaws doesn't seem to allow the user
to change it. I've selected apostrophe and there's no way to overwrite it.
Really strange!
Conclusion: This is a good script as long as the Preview Pane is active, and we
need to find a way to play with its size.
Wonderful work!
Adam