Re:Google docs and spreadsheets

  • From: "Amar Jain" <amarjain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:15:26 +0530

Hi Dave,
Now I completely understood your point...
I am using J12, and I could access the menues using jaws curser.
Will try the things, and will trouble you once more if required.
Thanks a lot for nice suggestion.
Regards
Amar Jain.
RE: Re:Google docs and Spreadsheets

From: "Marquette, Ed" <Ed.Marquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 22:00:18 -0500
Subject: RE: Re:Google docs and Spreadsheets

OK.
You are mostly guessing. Just to be certain, I checked with Freedom Scientific
support by phone today. I was told that Google Docs is not accessible, with
either JAWS 11 or JAWS 12.
That is the same report I received from the other major screen reader makers
and the same report I received from "support" at Freedom Scientific's email
help system. .
The Google Docs help system, which has a section specifically addressed to
screen reader users, appears to be a complete fraud.
If you use the JAWS cursor, you can get the mouse up to the file menu. Warning,
this is not Explorer's menu or FireFox's menu. It is the Google Docs menu. It
appears below the browser's menu.
If you double click on file, a drop down menu will appear. By playing around,
you may be able to find an export choice. I think it works sometimes. I
couldn't get it to work tonight.
I'm told that you can export to a file which can be read and edited by Excel.
I noted that, on the same File menu, there was an import option, which I am
told permits one to import Excel documents.
I think I would rather try to catch butterflies with a pair of tweezers than
edit something with Google Docs.