Google Mail and JAWS

  • From: "Marla Bernbaum" <mbernbaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:28:13 -0500

Hi:
The university where I am employed has just converted all email on the network
to Google Apps .  It is obligatory and the email service cannot be synched to
an alternative email client.  Using the "accessible" HTML format Google
provides, I am able to send and receive mail.  However many of the more complex
functions ,such as managing contact and group lists are not maneuverable with
JAWS 8.0 or 9.0.  Has anyone else had experience with Google mail or know of
any scripts or solutions for JAWS users?  Thanks.