Re: Getting used to new version of JAWS

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:54:17 -0500

I'd like to weigh in here if I may. I have the latest version of JAWS, version 9.0.552. At least I'm pretty sure this is still their latest version, but I haven't been back to FS's website in several days. I am having minimal trouble with it. The only JAWS-related problem I've been experiencing is the random reading of my task bar, system tray, and such. But this problem seems to have gone away for the most part. When I contacted FS tech support about it, I was told it is most probably a video card issue. However, I don't feel comfortable dealing with those kinds of things myself since I am not too terribly technically-inclined. Other than that and an occasional pause in Eloquence when navigating with the arrow keys, I'm having absolutely no trouble with this version, and I never experienced any major problems with prior versions of JAWS. One thing I really like is the updates feature, where one can go to the JAWS help menu and check for new updates. I think Eric Damery and friends do an excellent job discussing and demonstrating the new features in each release.

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nancy Shugart" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>