RE: Getting started with Outlook

  • From: "Don Holm" <dholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:28:11 -0700

Open Outlook, Hotkey CTRL + Y to open the Go To Folder dialog box
Note: You may need to expand the Personal Folders (right arrow) the first
time.
Up or Down Arrow to Inbox, or key letter I, then ENTER
You are now in the Inbox.
You should be able to TAB to the list view of the email messages.
Good luck.

Don Holm
Assistive Computers

Friday, September 24, 2004

  Customize Outlook Today ...   alt+u
Calendar
Tasks
Messages

Table with 2 columns and 3 rows
Inbox
0
Drafts
1
Outbox
0
table end

The calendar, in box, etc. are presented as links.  But, when I enter on a
link, I am completely thrown out of Outlook, and there is no focus on any
program.  Outlook still resides on the task bar, but when I try to return
to it, either by hitting enter on Outlook in the task bar or by Alt Tabbing
through the applications, I can't get back to it.  I end up going into the
Windows Task Manager and deleting it and starting it again.

Sorry this is so long, and I apologize if this has been covered
recently.  You know how it goes...you don't pay attention because it
doesn't mean anything to you.  that is, of course, until you have the same
problem...<smile>

Thanks for any and all assistance,
Norma