Re: GPS solutions, there is always hope

  • From: "AB7HW Dick Lee Chrisman" <ab7hw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 08:53:06 -0700

I don't know of any accessible GPS units, I have researched this quite a bit
and the on accessible units are those attached to either a PacMate by
Freedomscientific.com or the Braille Note by Human ware.
Both of these units use speech and are completely usable by the Blind, but
the cost is over $5,000.00!
The GPS units in cars do speak, but you as a Blind person can not figure out
the buttons or screens so it is worthless to us.
If you should ever find one under $500.00 and is small enough to carry in
your hand or pocket please let me know!
Dick ab7hw@xxxxxxxx