Fwd: Changing JAWS volume via hot keys [was JFW 6: form edit fields and combo boxes]

  • From: "Robert R. Matti" <rrmsr1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:25:10 -0800

Lets try this again, hopefully the > signs will be gone.

  To: <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  From: "Jamal Mazrui" <Jamal.Mazrui@xxxxxxx
  Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:45:06 -0500
  Subject: Changing JAWS volume via hot keys [was JFW 6: form edit fields
  and combo boxes]

  Indeed, there seems to be no way of changing the volume of Eloquence,
  the default software synthesizer of JAWS, via its configuration menus.
  I have been able to develop scripts that accomplish this.  I realize
  that adding to the default scripts of JAWS is a nontrivial matter.  In
  case this benefits some, however, I am posting the code below.

  I assigned VoiceLouder to the Alt+` key combination, and VoiceSofter to
  Alt+Shift+`.  The former increments the "system volume" by 5% of its
  available range, and the latter decrements it by that amount.

  Regards,
  Jamal

  Script VoiceLouder()
  Var
  Int i,
  Int i_max,
  Int i_min

  SayString("Voice louder")
  Let i =GetSystemVolume()
  GetSystemVolumeRange(i_min, i_max)
  If i ==i_max Then
  SayString("Top")
  Else
  Let i =i +(5 *(i_max -i_min) /100)
  Let i =Min(i, i_max)
  SetSystemVolume(i)
  SayString(IntToString(100 *(i -i_min)/(i_max -i_min)) +" percent")
  EndIf
  EndScript

  Script VoiceSofter()
  Var