Fw: easiest way of proofreading

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:49:36 -0700

A very simple way would be to have 1 or more versions of Jaws on your
machine--as I do--with a hot key for each.
E.g. Version 6.0, 6.1, and 6.2 or 5.0 and 5.1, etc.
One of these could be set up for normal reading while the others could have
varying degrees of prompting such as "say caps" or the pitch could change or
there could be a sound played--whatever prompts you wish. This proofreading
mode would be slow and tedious but gradually you could let up on some of the
settings.
Also, after discovering and correcting some the errors you are making, after a
while you should have modified or corrected a number of them so you could then
relax some settings.
Another option would be to set up more than one user on your machine and in
here, the second user could have its own settings.
In Windows XP, there can be several users on a machine and of course, each user
can use many versions of Jaws so the possibilities are almost endless.
There may even be a way to have different groups of settings while running the
same version of Jaws and without changing users but I am not sure what it might
be. In other words, there must be some macros one could write for a variety of
settings that could easily be invoked.