Fw: New JAWS Release

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:27:55 -0400

All,
Late this afternoon, we will be replacing the 5.1 version posted last
Saturday with a new version for Quella, Dongle, and 40 Minute Demo. There
were 7 minor
changes (listed below) that we felt were required and we decided to get them
included before the CD for 5.1 was created so it was done and tested this
week. If you have already downloaded the 5.1 version and these 7 items are
not impacting you, there is no reason to download again.
Regards,
Eric Damery
* Fixed an issue in HTML documents in IE where the last punctuation
character was sometimes omitted from Braille output.
* Fixed a problem related to International Keyboards that have a Right Alt
GR Key. Using this key in conjunction with the CTRL key would always stick
the
CTRL Key.
* Added a change in the Attachmate Extra Terminal Emulation Configuration
File (Advanced Options) that increases the Spaces per Tab from 10 to 80.
This
change was required to  fix an issue where spaces were being reported as
Tabs in this terminal emulation application.
* Removed some entries in the GroupWise Configuration File that caused some
issues related to Freedom Scientific Focus Braille Displays in GroupWise
only.
* Added a change for MS Word 2000 which fixes a problem related to typing a
space, deleting it, and retyping it would make it appear as a Tab to JAWS.
* Fixed a problem introduced in JAWS 5.1 when using a program called
ShortKeys. The shortkey program can be found at:
http://www.jfwlite.com/programs.html
Choose the link: ShortKeys Lite Download.
* A minor change in the JAWS Installer which will solve some reported issues
related to installing JAWS on certain XP systems. When the problem happened,
it was solved by copying the jawsvid.dll into the system32 directory after
install. This should no longer be necessary.

Eric Damery
Freedom Scientific, Inc.