Fw: Jaws OE attachment

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 12:12:05 -0700

Just passing along a very precise explanation of this issue from a friend,
in case this helps to clarify things for someone.

He writes:

Every message that shows the paper clip has an attachment.  They are
usually VCards and in some cases, they are html copies of text
messages.  The puzzle for me is why Outlook Express doesn't let us
see them.  I do believe, though, that if you read messages in other
than plain text, you may be able to experience the VCard.  But the bottom
line is if an email  says that itt has an attachment, it has an
attachment, of one kind or another.  For some reason though, JAWS 6.2 does
not present
attachment notification to me unless there is a viewable/openable
attachment.