Re: Full version of Daisy Reader?

  • From: "Jerry Richer" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:00:18 -0500

     Bill!  The DAISY readers available through RFBD can certainly read
DAISY books from other sources than RFBD.  RFBD just seems much more
sensitive to Copyright concerns than others.  When I borrowed my first DAISY
book from RFBD there was no problem but when I borrowed my second I was
instructed to submit a signed Copyright infringement form stating that I
would respect the publishers and RFBD's Copyright infringement policy's.
And this after thirty-five years of borrowing from RFBD.  This is a new
technology and I'm sure many are still trying to figure out how to cope with
the legalities involved.  In the meantime RFBD perhaps feels that they
should be beyond reproach.

Chirp|Chirp|Chirp: It's the Bat, Chirping Bat .Com