RE: FreedomScientific, Inc. Asked to Cease Lawsuit Against Serotek Corporation

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 20:34:19 -0400

John, being a JD, you must read my post more carefully. I never said that the petition had any merit. No court is going to pay the slightest attention to such a thing. However, properly written amicus briefs that display a knowledge of the relevant case law will be accepted as they usually are if proper format is followed.

What I did say was that there was case precedent for such an action on the part of FS, beings as trademarks and trade names are considered valuable business assets.

That aside, the petition is not directed to the court, but to FS. Will they pay attention, probably not, but it does not hurt to present it, anyway, as it is just another expression of sentiment that they may wish to pay attention to.

Beings as we have no information but the 11 page complaint to go on, we are really making a lot of noise with very little solid information.

As to your question, John, about whether I am a lawyer, the question is irrelevant as would be any answer. This is not a legally relevant forum.

Dan