Freaky JAWS behavior

  • From: "Vicki" <amethyst17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:20:49 -0700

I booted up my computer this morning, and it was working fine. I turned it
off to go out this afternoon, and when I returned, I turned it back on, only
to have JAWS say it was in 40 minute demo mode. I checked my system tray,
and not only was it in demo mode, the serial number in the "about" option
wasn't even mine. I waited awhile, and I started getting the warnings that
JAWS would shut down, so I rebooted, and when the computer came back up, it
was fine and my serial code was back in the "about" option. What would cause
JAWS to do this?

I'm using JAWS 8.

Thanks.
Vicki