RE: Formatting out line breaks

  • From: "Jim Williams" <jwbr33694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 12:11:55 +0100

Jim,

I was shown a method of how to re-format such a file.  It goes as follows:

1.  Ctrl+H for Find and Replace
2. In the Find box, press Shift+number 6 on the main keyboard, followed by a
lowercase p.  So you have^p in the find box.
3. In the Replace box press Shift+6 followed by t thus you have ^t
4. Tab to Replace All and hit Enter.  In the document of the size you have
don't be surprised if you have several hundred replacements.  Press Enter to
accept.
 5. Next, in the Find box type in ^t^t.  That is Shift+6,t,Shift+6,t.
6.  In the Replace box type in Shift+6,p,Shift+6,p.
7. Tab to the Replace All box and hit Enter.  Again, you will have several
replacements.
8. Again in the Find box type in Shift+6,t.
9. In the Replace box press the Space Bar once.
10. Tab to Replace All and hit Enter.  Job Done.  Exit from Find and Replace
and I'm sure your document will be a lot shorter.

HTH

Jim Williams