Re: Formatting out line breaks

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 18:41:34 -0600

Do a search on ^p and replace it with a space.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: Jim Portillo 
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:05 PM
Subject: Formatting out line breaks

Hi there, 
Here's something on which I'm hoping someone will have some information. 
I have a huge file that I got off the net which I need to reformat.  It looks 
something like this.  It'll have one line of text that's somewhat long, followed
by a line of text that is very short, with a blank next to it, which I'm 
calling a line break or carriage return.  When I manually delete that and add
a space, it looks like a regular line of text.
This is a file of close to 100 pages, and I'd hate to go through line by line 
trying to fix it.
What I'd like to do is use the search and replace all function in Word and 
replace all of those hard line breaks.  Is there a symbol I can use to type in
that will do that, or is there an easier way I can reformat the text?
It's annoying, but I'd love to have this better formatted.
I'll bet the pages will come down considerably.

Other related posts: